Loaded Oatmeal Bars Recipe
Other add-in possibilities are raisins (with a little freshly grated nutmeg), dates, white chocolate chips, walnuts, cashews, macadamia nuts, dried cherries, chopped dried apricots – almost anything you can think of. These bars are so quick to put together, they’ll most likely become “the” go-to treat for busy times and filling up the cookie jar.
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, (no subs)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
3 cups quick cooking rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup toffee baking bits
- Cream the sugars and butter until light; add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in the flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and soda; mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, coconut, toffee bits, and pecans.
- Spread or pat the dough evenly onto a parchment lined jellyroll pan (12 1/2" x 17 1/2"). It’s easier with wet hands.
- Bake at 350° about 15-18 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Do not overbake.
- Cool before cutting into 48 bars or squares and store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 177 Calories from Fat 82
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 46% Protein 4% Carb. 49%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 19 mg
Sodium 95 mg
Total Carbohydrate 22 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.