European Style Apple Pie Recipe
Although best served warm, this European Style Apple Pie is almost as good at room temperature. It can be served plain, with whipped cream, or ideally with homemade or gourmet ice cream. If you happen to travel to Europe, and order Apple Pie in a restaurant, this is the dessert that you will be served. It’s a given that there will be no complaints.
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 pounds cooking apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 10" springform pan with non-stick spray.
- Cut a piece of parchment to fit the bottom, place it into the pan, and spray the parchment.
- Batter: In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla until the sugar is dissolved; mix in the flour until smooth.
- Topping: Mix the sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread 1/4 of the batter mixture over the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Arrange 1/3 of the apples evenly over the batter.
- Sprinkle liberally with the topping mixture.
- Spread another 1/4 of the batter over the apple - the batter won't completely cover the apples – and top with another third of the apples; sprinkle liberally with the topping, and spread another 1/4 of the batter over the apples.
- Arrange the remaining apples over, sprinkle with the remaining topping, and spread the remaining batter over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven one hour 15 minutes to one hour and 25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the pie sit 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the outside of the pan and remove the side.
- Using a spatula, carefully slide the pie off of the parchment onto a serving platter.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 197
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 50% Protein 3% Carb. 48%
Nutrient Amount per % Daily
Total Fat 22 g 34%
Saturated Fat 3 g 14%
Cholesterol 40 mg 13%
Sodium 12 mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 47 g 16%
Dietary Fiber 2 g 7%
Sugars 25 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 8% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.