White Chocolate Dream Bars Recipe
There is a good reason that these cookies are called “Dream Bars.” They are certainly what good dreams are made of (and frankly better than visions of sugarplums), and if they are gone, a nightmare might just occur. It’s best to use high quality white chocolate, but in a pinch, vanilla chips can be used with good results.
2/3 cup chopped white chocolate, or vanilla chips may be substituted
1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line an 11 x 7" baking dish with parchment, or spray liberally with non-stick spray.
- Place the white chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe container.
- Microwave 30 seconds; stir, and continue microwaving in 20-second intervals, stirring after each, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs and sugar until very light; mix in the white chocolate and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour and salt; mix until smooth; stir in the pecans, chocolate chips, and coconut.
- Spread evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven, let cool before cutting into 24 bars. Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Bar
Calories 228 Calories from Fat 114
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 50% Protein 4% Carb. 46%
Nutrient Amount per Bar
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 37 mg
Sodium 84 mg
Total Carbohydrate 26 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 10 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.