Certainly the worst thing about being a vampire would be not getting to eat all of the mouthwatering Halloween treats that most of us make. However, I suspect that some vampires will make exceptions, since this quick and easy No-Bake Vampire Torte is actually delicious, chocolaty, and the color of the one thing vampires thrive on – blood! For those planning on holding the annual Halloween BOO-ffet, this attractive torte makes a perfect centerpiece, and it can be made a couple of days ahead and refrigerated until the big day. The only decorating needed is to put a nice pair of vampire teeth in the middle. If you can find them, you might want to surround the torte with candy or wax vampire teeth. No matter – the decorating will take less than a minute.
Believe it or not, this torte can be put together in about 15 minutes; while the cream is whipping, the cook can be opening the snack cakes. This torte is, in fact, easy enough for older children to make, and it tastes good enough to make them (or you if you make it instead of the kids) proud. While some Halloween dishes look pretty scary or have gross and disgusting names, this Vampire Torte is neither, but definitely a wonderful dessert to serve on Halloween. Even if you don’t plan on holding a Halloween BOO-ffet, this easy torte makes a perfect dessert to serve to family.
20 Chocolate Snack Cakes with Creamy Filling, such as Hostess Ding Dongs
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
Vampire teeth, for garnish
- Open the snack cakes and arrange 10 on a round platter; set the remaining snack cakes aside.
- Place the whipping cream in a large mixer bowl and whip to very soft peaks.
- Measure the powdered sugar and cocoa powder into a fine strainer set over the cream; shake through.
- Stir a little, then whip to stiff peaks.
- Spread half of the cream mixture over the snack cakes on the platter.
- Spoon half of the cherry filling over the cream, letting the glaze run down the sides a little.
- Arrange the remaining snack cakes over the pie filling, cover with the remaining cream, and top with the remaining pie filling.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time. For an authentic presentation, just before serving, top the torte with a pair of vampire teeth.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 399 Calories from Fat 199
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 50% Protein 3% Carb. 48%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 22 g
Saturated Fat 15 g
Cholesterol 44 mg
Sodium 215 mg
Total Carbohydrate 47 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 21 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%