Marmalade Coffee Cake Recipe
This coffee cake is also great year round, and can be served with afternoon tea, or a morning coffee gathering.
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups sour cream
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
2 cups orange marmalade
2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a standard 10" tube pan (Angel Food Cake pan) with a removable bottom with non-stick spray.
- Place the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and sour cream in a large mixing bowl; mix on medium speed until well-blended.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cardamom into a fine strainer set over the butter mixture and shake through.
- Blend on low speed just until mixed.
- Spread 1/3 of the batter over the bottom of the pan; spread 1 cup of the marmalade over the batter.
- Add another layer of batter over the marmalade, then top with the remaining marmalade.
- Spread the remaining batter over the marmalade.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until golden brown and set.
- Remove from the oven, let sit in the pan 5 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack.
- Use a zester to remove the rind from the orange in strips. Squeeze the juice into a bowl and mix with the powdered sugar until smooth and a glaze consistency.
- Drizzle over the coffeecake and sprinkle the orange peel strips over the top.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 424 Calories from Fat 116
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 27% Protein 4% Carb. 69%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 64 mg
Sodium 265 mg
Total Carbohydrate 73 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 17 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 10% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.