Orange & Oreo Popcorn Recipe
This colorful popcorn looks nice on the Halloween BOO-ffet table, or it is a great treat to package in small Halloween bags tied with ribbon as party favors. It isn’t often that something this good is so quick and easy.
4 quarts plain popcorn, (16 Cups)
1 cup sugar
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter
1 10 oz. package marshmallows
24 Oreo cookies, coarsely broken
- Spray a large bowl and a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Place the popcorn in the bowl.
- Mix the gelatin and sugar well; pour them into a medium saucepan along with the light corn syrup.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the butter and marshmallows; stir over low heat until the marshmallows are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir until all of the popcorn is coated.
- Stir in the Oreos and dump onto the baking sheet.
- With buttered hands, spread the popcorn out over the baking sheet.
- When set, store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 177 Calories from Fat 35
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 20% Protein 4% Carb. 76%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 46 mg
Total Carbohydrate 34 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 6%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.