Pocket Wedding Invitation SVG Cut File
Pocket Fold Invitation
The pocket fold holder is cut from heavy card stock or several layers of thinner card stock. For mailing, it folds in half. When open, the invitation is attached to one side and the other side has a pocket to hold the other pieces, such as the RSVP and reception cards and return envelope. Depending on the orientation of your invitation, the pocket fold can be either landscape or portrait.
For those brides who need only the pocket fold invitation, the print and cut designs for the pocket fold, invitation, RSVP and reception cards can be all they need. If you wish the return envelope to have a design element on the front, that print and cut design can be included in the RSVP card SVG file.
Some brides may wish to continue the wedding suite design on a Save the Date, Thank You Card, Table Number Card and Place Card. These print and cut designs can be their own SVG cut files.
I always begin by choosing the size for the outside envelope, because that determines the size of everything else. Let's assume also that we want to design for an 8.5 x 11 Silhouette cutting machine, because customers with both that or the 12 x 12 inch machine can use the SVG cut file. The best outside envelope size for these specifications is the standard Square 5.75 x 5.75 inch envelope.
- We want our pocket fold to be .5 inch smaller than the outside envelope size. So the pocket fold will be 5.25 x 5.25 inch when folded.
- The backing behind the invitation needs to be .25 inch smaller than the pocket fold dimensions, which comes to a 5 x 5 inch square.
- The invitation will be .25 inch smaller than the backing, which is a 4.75 x 4.75 inch square.
- The inside pocket that will hold the RSVP and reception cards will be 1.75 x 5.25 inch, with quarter inch tabs on three sides for gluing.
- The RSVP response card and reception card will be 3.5 x 5 inch flat. The return envelope will be an A2 3.625 x 4.125 inch envelope.
- Because our pocket fold does not have a flap, we can put a 2 x 2 inch gift tag/label centered on the front of the folded pocket. Another option would be to use a belly band and label combination.
- The Save the Date card will be a flat 5 x 7 inch card, with a A7 5.25 x 7.25 inch envelope. It can also be a postcard or a magnet.
- The place card will be a 3.5 x 2 inch flat card.
- The Thank You card will be 3.5 x 5 inch folded, with an A1 3.625 x 5.125 inch envelope.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Diane Cipollo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Diane Cipollo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Diane Cipollo for details.