No-Bake Holiday Eggnog Bites Recipe
These Eggnog Bites will remind you of truffles, but they aren’t quite as rich. The white chocolate/commercial eggnog mixture is combined with crushed shortbread cookies. The mixture is then chilled, scooped, and rolled into balls. Fresh nutmeg plays a starring role in the flavor of these confections, and it is definitely worth it to purchase whole nutmeg and grate it onto the balls with either a nutmeg grater or a Microplane, which is one gadget that belongs in every kitchen.
84 Eggnog Bites
1 cup commercial eggnog
24 ounces white chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey, or rum
1/2 to 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
3 cups shortbread cookie crumbs, (2 10-ounce packages)
1 cup powdered sugar
- Place the commercial eggnog and the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave 3 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and let sit 5 minutes; whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the bourbon and nutmeg.
- Cover and chill.
- Mix in the cookie crumbs.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar onto a baking sheet.
- Scoop tablespoon-size balls of the mixture onto the baking sheet with the powdered sugar; roll into balls.
- Once all the balls are rolled, grate additional nutmeg over all.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 73 Calories from Fat 29
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 40% Protein 4% Carb. 55%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 22 mg
Total Carbohydrate 10 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.