Roma Lou's Buttered Sugared Nuts Recipe
This recipe can be successfully doubled on one jellyroll pan, and it’s a good idea to do so. It’s no guarantee that you won’t run out, but it will help.
2 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1 dash salt
1/2 cup butter
2 cups pecan halves, or substitute any unsalted nuts such as walnuts, hazelnuts, cashews, etc.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Beat the egg whites until frothy; with the mixer on high speed, sprinkle the sugar over the egg whites, a little at a time.
- Scrape the sides down, add the salt, then beat until the mixture is glossy and forms stiff peaks.
- Stir in the nuts and mix until all are well-coated.
- Melt the butter on a large jellyroll pan and spread the nut mixture over the butter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until the butter is absorbed.
- Remove from the oven and cool thoroughly before storing in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 181
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 67% Protein 3% Carb. 30%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 20 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 112 mg
Total Carbohydrate 20 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 17 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.