Double Chocolate Fudge Pie Recipe
One of the good things about this pie is that the filling is fairly firm, so the pie will keep several days at room temperature, and the crust never goes soggy. Since the pie is quite rich, large pieces are not necessary, and one 9 pie will serve 10 – 12 lucky diners.
1/2 cup melted butter, (1 stick)
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa, preferably Dutch since it’s much darker and richer and has no additives
1 pinch sea salt
1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup dark chocolate, coarsely chopped, or highest quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 9" unbaked pie shell
Sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place the melted butter in a bowl; whisk in the sugar and cocoa.
- Add the salt, flour, eggs, and vanilla; whisk until smooth. (No mixer needed; this goes together quickly and easily.)
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until the center is just set.
- Remove from the oven, place on a cooling rack, and let cool thoroughly before cutting into wedges. Serve with real sweetened whipped cream (no frozen whipped topping here – this is an elegant pie).
Amount Per Serving
Calories 401 Calories from Fat 198
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 49% Protein 4% Carb. 46%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 22 g
Saturated Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 71 mg
Sodium 481 mg
Total Carbohydrate 46 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 25 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 6%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.