Recipe for Oatmeal Uglies
Oatmeal Uglies are a win-win for everyone, and may very well become a favorite. This recipe was loosely adapted from an excellent cookbook – caramel lovers will especially love it - Caramel, Caramel, & More Caramel by Michal Moses and Ivana Nitzen.
6 dozen cookies
1 1/3 cups butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons corn syrup
2 1/2 cups oatmeal
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups caramel chunks, cut from a block of prepared caramel such as Peter's (1/4" chunks)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line several baking sheets with parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar; beat in the eggs, vanilla, and corn syrup.
- Place the oatmeal in the food processor and process until very fine; add to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, and salt into a fine strainer set over the mixture.
- Shake through; with the mixer turned to low, mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, pecans, and caramel pieces.
- Scoop tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until the edges are browned.
- Let sit on the sheets at least 5 minutes before placing them on cooling racks.
- Store in an airtight container with parchment or waxed paper in between each layer to prevent sticking.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 112 Calories from Fat 59
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 53% Protein 4% Carb. 43%
Nutrient Amount per Cookie
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 93 mg
Total Carbohydrate 12 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Caramel, Caramel, & More Caramel can be purchased on Amazon:
Caramel, Caramel & More Caramel!: Sweet and Savory Recipes for Creative Caramel Cuisine
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.