Heavenly Rhubarb Bars Recipe
These bars keep up to a week, covered, at room temperature, however, they may not last that long when family members discover they are available.
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter, (no subs)
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups rhubarb, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13" shallow glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Crust: Mix the flour and sugar; cut in the butter until it looks like cornmeal.
- Press the mixture evenly on the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Filling: Meanwhile, beat the eggs and sugar on high speed until fluffy.
- Turn the mixer to low and mix in the flour and salt; fold in the rhubarb.
- Spread over the baked crust.
- Bake an additional 40-45 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool thoroughly before cutting into 32 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 175 Calories from Fat 58
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 34% Protein 4% Carb. 62%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 42 mg
Sodium 104 mg
Total Carbohydrate 27 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 19 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.