Mile High Patriotic Pie Recipe
The pie is light and fruity – the perfect dessert for a backyard barbecue or family get-together. It’s a perfect refreshing summer dessert, and when it’s not a patriotic holiday, other fruit can be substituted.
1 package raspberry Danish Dessert
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups sliced strawberries
2 cups raspberries
1 cup heavy cream
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 9" graham cracker crust, or bake pie shell
Blueberries, for garnish
- Whisk together the Danish Dessert and water in a large microwave-safe container.
- Microwave 3 minutes; whisk until smooth.
- Microwave an additional 2-3 minutes or until boiling and clear.
- Whisk until smooth and fold in the strawberries and raspberries.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding; refrigerate until well-chilled.
- Meanwhile, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- Whip the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and light; fold in the whipped cream and blueberries.
- Spoon mounds of both of the mixtures into the graham cracker crust; swirl them together.
- Use the additional blueberries to form a star in the center of the pie.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 496 Calories from Fat 238
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 48% Protein 4% Carb. 48%
Nutrient Amount per % Daily
Total Fat 26 g 41%
Saturated Fat 14 g 71%
Cholesterol 72 mg 24%
Sodium 214 mg 9%
Total Carbohydrate 60 g 20%
Dietary Fiber 2 g 6%
Sugars 35 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C 56% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.