Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Drinks to Beat the Heat
Summer is in full swing and your body craves water to satisfy the need. However, everyone gets bored of drinking the same old boring water. Here are some summer refreshes which not only satisfy your thirst but help your body do its best.
So what can these waters do for you? See what these fruit and herbs provide for your body.
Cucumbers: Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
Lemons: Vitamin C
Strawberry: Vitamin C, fiber
Mint: Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Iron
Thyme: Vitamin C
Note all these waters last two days in the refrigerator. Dump out and start a new batch of refreshing water.
Lemon Cucumber Mint Water
Relax and rehydrate with this refreshing spa water infused with the tastes of lemon, cucumber, and mint.
8 cups cold water
1 lemon, sliced
1 small cucumber, sliced
1 handful of fresh mint
Ice, for serving
1. In a pitcher, add water, lemon, cucumber, and fresh mint. Let it chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. Serve with ice.
Cucumber Herb-Infused Water
You can use any herbs you have on hand or be sure to by fresh at your local Farmers Market.
WHAT YOU NEED
1 lemon (Myer or other lemon)
1 handful of thyme
1 handful of mint
WHAT TO DO
1. Wash and thinly slice ½ cucumber and 1 lemon and lime.
2. Fill a pitcher with cold water. Add lemon slices, cucumber slices, and herbs.
3. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Springtime Strawberry Spa Water
1 gallon of cold water
1 large lemon thinly sliced
1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
6 medium sized strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
3 small sprigs of fresh herbs - basil or mint is nice
1. Place all the sliced fruits and veggies into a pitcher.
2. Add the sprigs of herbs, and fill the pitcher with cold water.
3. The water tastes best after 6-8 hours in the refrigerator, but it will keep up to 2 days in the fridge.
You can add as much fresh herbs as you'd like. This infused water is also delicious without any fresh herbs if you don't have any handy!
REFRESHING FRUIT WATER
This refreshing fruit water will make it easy to reach your goal of drinking eight glasses a day!
Recipe type: Beverage
fresh mint leaves
1. Fill a pitcher (or glass) ⅔ of the way full with cold water. Add remaining ingredients, layering the colors if desired. (I put the blueberries on the bottom, then the ice cubes, lime slices, cucumber slices, mint, and strawberries.) Add more ice and water as needed.
2. Serve a bowl of blueberries and strawberries alongside, if desired, for adding to individual glasses.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Cindy Kimura. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Cindy Kimura. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cindy Kimura for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.