Slow Cooker Candy Bar Pudding Cake Recipe
You can easily personalize this pudding cake by adding your favorite candy bars or even the ones that are slightly stale because they are leftovers from last Halloween. Mounds or Almond Joy bars are perfect for coconut lovers; Snickers, Milky Way, Mars Bars, and Three Musketeers, either alone or a mixture make a rich, gooey cake with pockets of flavor; peanut butter cups add peanut butter which has always been popular with guests; and Heath bars add a luscious toffee crunch. Although Kit-Kat bars are always a favorite, they don’t work well in this cake because the crunchy wafers end up tasting like cardboard- you can munch on them while preparing the cake. Other suggestions are Whoppers, Crunch bars, Baby Ruth bars, Rolos, 100,000 bars, etc. The recipe specifies three cups of chopped candy bars, but you can use two cups and add a cup of chocolate or vanilla chips to vary the taste. No matter what you choose, this will become one of your favorite go-to desserts, and it is perfect for making year round.
1 18.25 ounce (or thereabouts) devils food cake mix, or chocolate, double fudge, German chocolate - any chocolate cake mix you have on hand
1 3 oz. package instant pudding mix, chocolate or vanilla
1 cup sour cream
1 cup water
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 cups candy bars, coarsely chopped
- Spray the crock of a slow cooker with a large footprint (Crockpot Casserole Crock is ideal, but an oval one works well too) with non-stick spray.
- Mix the cake mix and pudding mix; add the sour cream, water, and vegetable oil and stir until smooth (no mixer needed - these ingredients go together easily).
- Fold in the candy bars and spread the batter evenly in the prepared crock.
- Cover, set the slow cooker to high, and let cook 2 1/2 - 3 hours or until the sides are cooked through and the center is slightly soft.
- Serve warm with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 274 Calories from Fat 148
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 54% Protein 1% Carb. 45%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 6 mg
Sodium 300 mg
Total Carbohydrate 31 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 18 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.