Fresh Plum Gateau Recipe
You can use any ripe plums you happen to have on hand. Italian prune plums work well, but I’ve done it with other several other varieties, and they always seem to turn out delicious.
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 pounds ripe plums, pitted and each cut into eight wedges
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup flour
1 pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Spray a 9" springform with non-stick spray, line it with parchment, and spray the parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light; add the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt; add it to the butter mixture and mix until well-combined.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan; arrange the plums decoratively over the batter.
- Mix the topping ingredients; sprinkle evenly over the plums.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks before removing the cake from the pan.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 197 Calories from Fat 93
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 47% Protein 5% Carb. 48%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 52 mg
Sodium 347 mg
Total Carbohydrate 24 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 9 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.