Wiggly Worm Torte Recipe
Instant pudding, cookie crumbs, and gummy worms make up this scary torte; only on Halloween does anyone want to pluck worms from a pile of dirt and gobble them down. Kids will not only enjoy eating this torte, but it is easy enough for them to make by themselves. There is no cooking involved, so it doesn’t require much supervision. The ingredients are minimal, too, so it is an extremely quick dessert.
1 3 oz. package instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups milk
1 16 oz. package fudge sandwich cookies, crushed
- Prepare the pudding mix and milk according to package directions; cover and chill.
- Line a 1 quart dome-shaped bowl with plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cookie crumbs in the bowl; top with 1/3 of the pudding.
- Add another layer of crumbs, then 1/2 of the remaining pudding.
- Repeat, ending up with crumbs.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Unmold the mound onto a serving platter and sprinkle with the remaining crumbs to resemble a mound of dirt.
- Poke holes in the mound with a wooden spoon handle or equivalent; insert gummy worms.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 346 Calories from Fat 115
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 33% Protein 5% Carb. 62%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 8 mg
Sodium 284 mg
Total Carbohydrate 53 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 26 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.