Mile High Cookies & Cream Pie Recipe
Although the pie is very light, it is also very rich, so slices should be very small. That is not to say, however, that guests won’t want seconds; there will most likely be no leftovers.
2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
3 tablespoons sugar
5 tablespoons melted butter
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 8 oz. packages softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
26 chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreo®)
- Crust: Mix the crust ingredients and press into a 9" glass pie plate; refrigerate while making the filling.
- Filling:Pour the heavy cream into a large mixing bowl; beat until the cream holds stiff peaks; transfer to another container.
- In the same bowl, cream the softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until light; fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Place 22 of the chocolate sandwich cookies in a zip-type bag. Seal and hit with a rolling pin until the cookies are coarsely crushed.
- Fold into the cream mixture and pour into the refrigerated crust.
- Break the remaining four sandwich cookies in half and place on the pie for garnish.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least two hours or up to 24 hours.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 658 Calories from Fat 473
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 51% Protein 5% Carb. 44%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 37 g 81%
Saturated Fat 18 g 128%
Cholesterol 111 mg 53%
Sodium 256 mg 15%
Total Carbohydrate 73 g 36%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 2%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 9 g
Vitamin A 30% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 24%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.