Pecan Cream Cheese Shortbread Recipe
Pecan Cream Cheese Shortbread is perfect to add to Christmas cookie trays, package in festive containers as gifts, or take to a cookie swap. These cookies aren’t just for Christmas, though, and are a quick and easy choice to fill up the cookie jar year round.
6 dozen cookies
1 1/2 cups pecans
1 cup butter
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
sugar, for dusting
- Place the pecans on a baking sheet, and turn on the oven allowing it to preheat to 350°. Put the pecans in the oven; they should be lightly toasted by the time the oven heats.
- Set them aside and when they have cooled a little, chop them coarsely.
- Cream the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until very light; add the flour and salt, and with the mixer at low speed, mix well. Stir in the pecans and mix well.
- Using a tablespoon-size (1") scoop, scoop balls of dough.
- Quickly roll the dough into balls with your hands, and place them on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Place a small amount (2-3 tablespoons) of sugar on a plate.
- Wet the bottom of a flat-bottomed glass and dip in the sugar; press the glass on a ball and flatten. Dip the glass in sugar, then flatten the remaining balls.
- Bake 13-16 minutes or until the sides start to brown and the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Transfer to cooling racks.
- When cool, store in an airtight container for up to a month; freeze for longer storage.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 93 Calories from Fat 48
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 51% Protein 5% Carb. 44%
Nutrient Amount per Cookie
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 52 mg
Total Carbohydrate 10 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.