Chocolate Pomegranate Clusters Recipe
The clusters last 3-4 days if kept refrigerated, and make an elegant addition to Christmas treat trays or dessert buffets. The key to these delicious clusters is using good chocolate; make sure to avoid chocolate chips that contain a lot of additives and preservatives and opt for the more expensive, but worth it, brands such as Ghirardelli, Ambrosia, Callebaut, or Guittard.
3/4 to 1 cup pomegranate arils, (the yield from one medium pomegranate)
1 cup high quality semisweet chocolate chips
- Spread the pomegranate arils onto a dishtowel; carefully use the dishtowel to dry the arils. If possible, let sit on the towel to make sure the arils are completely dry.
- Measure the chocolate chips into a microwave-safe glass container; microwave 1 1/2 minutes on high.
- Let sit a minute, then stir until melted and smooth. If the chocolate isn't completely melted, microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring after each one.
- Carefully stir in the arils.
- Scoop heaping tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto a parchment-covered baking sheet, making 20 mounds.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Transfer to mini baking cups for serving.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 51 Calories from Fat 27
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 54% Protein 3% Carb. 43%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Total Carbohydrate 6 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.