Motion Project Top Hat Wedding Save the Date
In the last tutorial, we faded everything from the screen with a transition starting at 4:00 to 5:15 on the Timeline. We have one design detail in the graphics group that will be used in the second scene, which is the golden top hats icon. This graphic is already in position. Now, we need to make the icon invisible for the first scene and fade in the icon during the transition between scenes.
- Select the icon graphic with the Playhead at 4:00 and click Mark - Mark In to remove the icon from the Timeline from frame 1 - 399.
- Go to Inspector - Properties - Opacity and set the Opacity value to 0%. Add a keyframe, by clicking the icon on the right.
- Move the Playhead to 5:15 and set the Opacity back to 100%. You will see the second keyframe on the Timeline.
The bride will add something like the following.
With the transition ending at 5:15 on the Timeline, the client can add the Save The Date information beginning at 5:15. It will display for 3 seconds before the video ends.
Our last task is to use the Write On feature to draw gold lines at both sides of the screen to frame the text area.
With the Shapes group selected in the Layers pane and the Playhead at 4:00, draw a vertical line on the left edge of the screen with the Bezier tool.
- Select the line and set the Bruch Color to gold and the Width to 5 to 10 depending on your preference (Inspector - Shape - Outline).
- With the line shape still selected and the Playhead at 4:00, go to Library - Behaviors - Shape - Write On. Click Apply.
- Go to Inspector - Behaviors - Write On and set the Direction to Reverse. This will change the direction from the default top down to bottom up.
We don't want the Write On behavior to span to the end of the Timeline.
- Drag the right edge of the Behavior Bar to 5:15.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Diane Cipollo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Diane Cipollo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Diane Cipollo for details.