Slow Cooker Apple Oatmeal Caramel Cobbler Recipe
Here is an easy dessert, put together in the slow cooker way ahead of the hype, that is substantial enough to be served on Super Bowl Sunday as well as anytime that apples are available (which is always). It’s almost like a dump cake, but it calls for a store-bought oatmeal cookie mix and can be served with ice cream or whipped cream and caramel ice cream topping. It can also be made early in the day and reheated in the slow cooker during the game.
2 pounds apples, cored, peeled, and cut into 1" chunks
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 17 1/2 ounce (or thereabouts) package oatmeal cookie Mix (such as Betty Crocker)
1/2 cup melted butter
Caramel ice cream topping
- Toss the apples with the flour and sugar; transfer to the crock of a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the cookie mix evenly over the apples.
- Carefully drizzle the melted butter over the cookie mix.
- Cover, set the slow cooker to low, and let cook 4-6 hours or until the apples are tender.
- Serve hot with a generous spoonful of caramel topping and sweetened whipped cream or ice cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 319 Calories from Fat 92
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 29% Protein 2% Carb. 69%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 234 mg
Total Carbohydrate 55 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 25 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 7% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.