Triple Chocolate Crunch Cake Recipe
Triple Chocolate Crunch Cake is the ultimate dessert for chocoholics everywhere, and it is suitable for serving at the fanciest of dinner parties or at an informal backyard barbecue. Guests and family members will swoon!
2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup butter
2 cups crisp rice cereal
2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate, chopped, or use high quality chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder, preferably Dutch cocoa
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
Lightly sweetened whipped cream
- Spray 9" x 13" shallow glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Crunch layer: Measure the flour and cocoa into a fine strainer; shake the mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar and butter; mix until the mixture is crumbly and the butter pieces are very fine.
- Stir in the crisp rice cereal, press into the prepared baking dish, and bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the cake: Place 1/3 cup of the chocolate and the butter in a microwave-safe container and microwave one minute; let sit for a minute or two and stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and add the sugar and eggs; beat well until light and fluffy.
- Measure the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into a fine strainer set over the chocolate/butter mixture; shake through.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and mix until blended.
- Spread evenly over the baked crunch layer.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out with just a bit of chocolate.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Spread the ganache mixture over the cooled cake and refrigerate until set. Serve in squares with lightly sweetened whipped cream.
- Ganache: Place the chocolate and whipping cream in a microwave-safe container; microwave 3 minutes.
- Let the mixture sit 5 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 338 Calories from Fat 171
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 51% Protein 5% Carb. 44%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 73 mg
Sodium 257 mg
Total Carbohydrate 37 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 14 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 0% Iron 6%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.