Presidential Whiskey Cake Recipe
1 18.25 ounce yellow cake Mix
Eggs, water, and oil according to package directions
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup Whiskey, (preferably Kentucky bourbon)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a standard Bundt pan or 10" tube pan with non-stick spray. Add a tablespoon of flour, shake around the pan, and dump out the excess flour.
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions.
- Mix the raisins and pecans in a small bowl and toss with the flour; fold into the cake batter.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, place in the oven, and bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze: Measure the butter, sugar, and whiskey into a small saucepan; stir well, bring to a boil, and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Boil an additional 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- When the cake is done, remove from the oven and poke holes into the surface with a skewer or fork; pour 3/4 of the glaze over and let the cake sit in the pan for 10 minutes to soak up the glaze.
- Invert the cake onto a serving platter and drizzle the remaining glaze over the top.
- Cool completely before slicing.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 315 Calories from Fat 144
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 46% Protein 2% Carb. 47%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 48 mg
Sodium 245 mg
Total Carbohydrate 37 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 21 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.