Slow Cooker Irish Cream Pudding Recipe
Although perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, you’ll find yourself making this moist dessert year round. For other times, you can vary the liqueur, or leave it out entirely and use water; the pudding cake will still come out perfectly every time.
1 18.25 ounce devil's food (or other dark chocolate) cake mix
1 3 oz. package instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups sour cream
1 cup Irish Cream Liqueur
3/4 cup softened butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons Irish Cream Liqueur
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Place the cake mix and pudding mix in a large mixer bowl; stir to mix. Add the sour cream, eggs, liqueur, butter, and chocolate chips; mix well.
- Spray the crock of a 5-6 quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture and smooth out the top.
- Cover, set the slow cooker to low, and let cook 4-6 hours (generally closer to 4 depending on your slow cooker – you want to stay very moist). Center should be just barely set; a toothpick inserted in the center will come out with moist crumbs when done.
- Topping: Place the whipping cream, Irish Cream Liqueur, and powdered sugar in a mixer bowl; beat until stiff peaks form.
- To serve: spoon into bowls while still warm and top with the prepared whipped cream. Leftovers can be re-warmed in the microwave, or it’s also good at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 467 Calories from Fat 259
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 55% Protein 3% Carb. 42%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 29 g
Saturated Fat 15 g
Cholesterol 108 mg
Sodium 346 mg
Total Carbohydrate 49 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 14 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.