Irish Cream Liqueur is always popular for cocktails and to mix with coffee, but it is also a great flavoring for desserts. Since the Irish donít really serve green desserts (thatís a US thing) on St. Patrickís Day, which is a religious holiday where families attend church and celebrate with a fancy dinner afterwards, Slow Cooker Irish Cream Pudding Cake is a perfect dessert to end a traditional Irish meal. Although this easy dessert is simple to make due to convenience foods, no one will guess. Itís extremely moist, chocolaty, and absolutely decadent. Itís suitable for serving guests, but easy enough to just serve at home on a weeknight.
Although perfect for St. Patrickís Day, youíll find yourself making this moist dessert year round. For other times, you can vary the liqueur, or leave it out entirely and use water; the pudding cake will still come out perfectly every time.
1 18.25 ounce devil's food (or other dark chocolate) cake mix
1 3 oz. package instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups sour cream
1 cup Irish Cream Liqueur
3/4 cup softened butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons Irish Cream Liqueur
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Place the cake mix and pudding mix in a large mixer bowl; stir to mix. Add the sour cream, eggs, liqueur, butter, and chocolate chips; mix well.
- Spray the crock of a 5-6 quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture and smooth out the top.
- Cover, set the slow cooker to low, and let cook 4-6 hours (generally closer to 4 depending on your slow cooker Ė you want to stay very moist). Center should be just barely set; a toothpick inserted in the center will come out with moist crumbs when done.
- Topping: Place the whipping cream, Irish Cream Liqueur, and powdered sugar in a mixer bowl; beat until stiff peaks form.
- To serve: spoon into bowls while still warm and top with the prepared whipped cream. Leftovers can be re-warmed in the microwave, or itís also good at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 467 Calories from Fat 259
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 55% Protein 3% Carb. 42%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 29 g
Saturated Fat 15 g
Cholesterol 108 mg
Sodium 346 mg
Total Carbohydrate 49 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 14 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 2%