Add Wix Events to Wix Website
Let's start by adding the Wix Events app to our website. We could add the app to any page on our website and even on more than one page of the site. Let's add it to a blank page and add the page design elements later.
- From the menu on the left of the Editor, click the Plus icon to open the menu list.
- Choose Contact from the list and scroll down the Contact list to the Related Apps section.
- Find the Wix Events app in the section and click the Add to Site icon.
You will see the default app added to the page. The event name is a generic "My Event" and we also see the generic When and Where information, along with the Register Now button and social icons. Finally, we have a default image on the left. We could update the information for any type of event from business to a wedding. Let's update it for our wedding.
Our first task in customizing the app for our wedding, is to update the event details in the Event Manager.
- Select the Wix Events app on the page and click the Manage Event button.
- The My Events window opens and asks us to create our first event. Click the Create Now button.
In the first form, Event Details, we will set up the basic information about our event.
- Let's name our event "Our Wedding".
- For our description (optional), let's add "Please join us on our special day".
- To add an optional image, click the Plus icon at the right to open the Media Manager.
- Click the Free from Wix tab to view the images that are free to use. From the left menu, choose Weddings and Celebrations.
- Choose an image and click Apply.
Let's move down to the next section and set the time and date for our wedding.
- Click the Calendar icon to open the Date menu and set the date for our wedding.
- Set the start time in the Time menu. For our template live previews, I set the date years into the future to 6/23/2020 at 3:00 pm.
- If you wish to add an end time, click the button on the left and repeat these steps.
- Next, select your time zone from the menu.
Note: If you haven't set a time yet for the wedding, you can click the Time is TBD button.
Our last task in this section is to add the location for our wedding. When we do, the app will automatically add a Google map with the location marked. Of course, you can use the Location is TBD button instead.
- Type in the venue name and/or address for the wedding and watch the map appear.
- That's it for this section, click the Create Event button to set the information. From the pop-up window, click See It On Your Site, to view the changes.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Diane Cipollo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Diane Cipollo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Diane Cipollo for details.