Wix Events App General Options
Now, we will set up the General Options for our wedding event, which will determine how the app handles the RSVPs from our guests. Open the webpage containing the Wix Events app and select the app.
- Click the Manage Event button to open the Event Manager.
- In the My Events section, we now have our wedding event listed. Click the Edit button to go the Event Details form that we set up in the previous tutorial.
- From the menu on the left, click General Options to open that section.
As you can see by default, registration is set to Open but you can turn off registration by clicking the Change button on the left. But for our example, let's keep the open setting.
- For the RSVP Options, we can have one or two buttons. Let's keep the default Only Yes button option and click Save.
For the Guest Limit options, we can keep the Unlimited setting or set a limit for the number of guests. When that limit is reached, we can either close registration or start a wait list.
- Let's keep the Unlimited Guests option and click Save.
- In the next section for Email Alerts, we can choose to get email alerts for each RSVP or just one email a day with the total. Let's keep the default Daily setting and click Save.
In the last section, we can set up the automatic email that will be sent after a guest submits an RSVP through the Wix Events app. You can also set up two other email messages for a reminder and if the event is cancelled. But, let's keep things simple and just use the confirmation email.
- Click the Edit button to set up the Confirmation email.
- In the Edit email window, let's keep the default subject and message text. But, let's turn off the two links at the bottom of the form and click Save.
- Click the toggle buttons to turn off the email options for the reminder and cancellation emails.
- Click Save to close the window.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Diane Cipollo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Diane Cipollo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Diane Cipollo for details.