Blonde Brownies with Maple Butter Sauce Recipe
The biggest difference between these and those served at the chain restaurant, is that the ingredients are fresh and preservative-free; there are no additives to make them last for months while being transported from restaurant to restaurant. Of course, you will want to use real butter, fresh eggs, and highest quality ingredients, including real maple syrup (not pancake syrup) for the sauce, which is decadent and can be used on dozens of other desserts. Also, make sure the ice cream is of the highest quality – homemade is best.
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg white
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 tablespoons water
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup white baking chips
1/3 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup maple syrup, (not pancake syrup)
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
8 ounces softened cream cheese
Vanilla ice cream
Chopped pecans, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 7" x 11" glass baking dish with nonstick spray (or substitute a 9" x 9" baking pan).
- Measure the melted butter, brown sugar, egg, egg white, vanilla, and water in a mixing bowl; beat until well mixed.
- Place a fine strainer over the mixture, measure the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the strainer and shake through.
- Mix on low speed until combined; stir in the white chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan; bake 22-25 minutes or until golden and set in the middle. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce: Place the maple syrup, butter, and brown sugar in a small saucepan; stir well, cover, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove the lid and whisk until the brown sugar has dissolved.
- Whisk in the cream cheese and continue whisking until the cream cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth; keep warm.
- To serve, cut the brownies into 10 squares.
- For each serving, place a warm brownie on a plate.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream, and drizzle with sauce.
- Sprinkle a few chopped pecans for garnish.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 516 Calories from Fat 278
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 54% Protein 4% Carb. 42%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 31 g
Saturated Fat 17 g
Cholesterol 89 mg
Sodium 334 mg
Total Carbohydrate 54 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 11%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.