Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
How To Get Involved In Your Daughters Life
Being involved in your daughter’s life has its rewards. It includes memories, great conversations, a deeper relationship with your daughter, and the chance to watch your daughter grow into a healthy and responsible adult. And don't be surprised if you pick up a few pointers for yourself along the way.
Steps to get involved:
• 15 minutes a day to building strong parent child relationships
• Working on a craft
• Playing a game
• Letting your daughter choose the menu and prepare the food together
• Reading a book your daughter chooses
Create at least one activity each week for you and your daughter to do together
• Take a bike ride
• Play games
• Go to park, playground
Attend your daughter’s activities
• Sporting event
Encouraging good behavior on a continuous and timely basis
• No one is ever too old to hear encouraging words, to get a hug or “high five” for a job well done. Praise her for task that would ordinarily not get recognition for i.e. getting up on time, getting started with homework without asking, helping out without asking.
Use mealtime to talk about updates for the day. Keep in mind that meal time is fun time so don’t bring bad grades or upsetting topics up.
• Anything funny happen in school today?
• Anything funny happen at the office today?
• Anything embarrassing happen today?
• What things you can do to make you smile tomorrow?
Being involved in your daughter’s life will not only cut down on her stresses but it will make you more aware of when she is under stress. Your participation and encouragement sends a message to your daughter that tells her that she can do anything and that she can pursue other activities, as she gets older.
Please find at the very bottom of article page under "related links" resources and tips outlining:
• Words of encouragement from you to your daughter
• Signs of stress in your daughter
• Symptoms that may indicate you are under stress (your stresses are sometimes her stresses)
• Things to reduce stress
The sky is the limit when she has the support of her parents. Stay involved in your daughter’s life, the results and possibilities are endless. A close relationship with your daughter is an almost guarantee. Thank you for getting and staying involved.
Live, Laugh and Love
“Making a difference in the world one person at a time”
Content copyright © 2015 by Tuculia Washington. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Tuculia Washington. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Tuculia Washington for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.