Mint Julep Bars Recipe
The texture of these bars will remind you of lemon squares, although the flavors are decidedly different. They are the perfect way to celebrate the Kentucky Derby.
1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1/4 cup Kentucky Bourbon
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9" x 13" shallow baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Crust: Mix the butter, powdered sugar, and flour until crumbly; press evenly over the bottom of the prepared baking dish and bake 20 minutes.
- FillingWhile the crust is baking, mix the sugar and flour; add the eggs and beat at low speed until smooth.
- Place the lime juice, bourbon, and mint leaves in a blender or bullet blender and blend until the mint leaves are finely chopped.
- Add to the egg mixture and mix well.
- When the crust is done, pour the mixture evenly over, and return to the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting into 32 bars.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 145 Calories from Fat 53
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 36% Protein 3% Carb. 58%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 16 mg
Sodium 59 mg
Total Carbohydrate 21 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.