Dessert is one of the most important courses at any dinner, but sometimes we can’t seem to find enough time to prepare anything fancy. In fact, if one were to look in other people’s cupboards, they’d probably find plenty of store bought desserts like cream filled cupcakes, Ding Dongs, Twinkies, Moon Pies, or other nutrition-free snacks that will satisfy a sweet tooth on the spur of the moment. Unfortunately, these dessert snacks get stale, and since they are not cheap, it’s nice to find something to use them for. Enter Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Brownie Pudding. This decadent dessert takes about 15 minutes to put together, and cooks in the slow cooker for a couple of hours. No one will have any idea that it is made from stale cupcakes, and it can be served either warm or at room temp.
My husband is the quintessential unhealthy snack lover, and this recipe came about after he was sent out of town for several weeks and I discovered a full package of cream filled cupcakes that had gone very stale. Because we love brownies with a cream cheese swirl, I decided to see if I could use those stale cupcakes in something that would end up resembling cream cheese brownies.
You don’t have to wait for your cupcakes to go stale, as this pudding is just as good made with fresh ones, but it will certainly be devoured quickly and there will be no leftovers. Since slow cookers don’t heat up the kitchen, Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Brownie Pudding is perfect for serving at summer gatherings, as well as any time of year.
8 cream filled chocolate cupcakes, such as Hostess, Little Debbie, or Sara Lee
1 8 oz. package softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Spray the crock of a 3-4 quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Cut the cupcakes in quarters and place them in the crock.
- Whizz the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, flour, milk, and vanilla in a blender or food processor; stir in the chocolate chips and pour the mixture over the cupcake quarters. Use a spatula or spoon to press the cupcakes down into the liquid.
- Cover, set the slow cooker to high, and let cook 2-3 hours or until the center is set.
- Remove the lid to let any extra moisture evaporate.
- Serve warm or at room temp.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 349 Calories from Fat 168
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 7% Carb. 44%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 111 mg
Sodium 207 mg
Total Carbohydrate 39 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 22 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 5%