Patriotic Pancake Recipe
This pancake is also very easy; just melt butter in a cast iron skillet (any heavy skillet can be used, but it seems that cast iron makes for the biggest puff), whizz a few standard ingredients in a blender, and bake. The fruit is simply mixed with jam, so there isn’t too much liquid to make the pancake soggy.
1 cup blueberries
1 cup raspberries
1 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 cup raspberry jam
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
- Mix the blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries with the raspberry jam; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Place the butter in a 9" cast iron skillet and place in the oven while it's heating.
- Measure the eggs, whipping cream, milk, flour, salt, and sugar into the blender; blend until smooth, scraping down the sides once.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and pour the batter into the melted butter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar; top with the fruit mixture and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 384 Calories from Fat 146
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 38% Protein 9% Carb. 53%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 152 mg
Sodium 307 mg
Total Carbohydrate 51 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 8 g
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 39% Calcium 0% Iron 7%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.