Everybody loves those soft sugar cookies that are available at grocery store bakeries and come in colors with sprinkles. They are very good. However, as always, homemade is better, and the following Sheet Pan Sugar Cookies are full of fresh yummy ingredients like real butter, fresh eggs, and sour cream. While they take a few minutes to put together, they aren’t as much work as getting in the car, fighting traffic to get to the grocery store, and checking out. They are quick and easy since bar cookies are the fastest cookies to make.
Perfect for summer, these soft, simple cookies go well with homemade ice cream and are great at barbecues or to take to a pot-luck gathering. And they are so good, you’ll never be able to eat the store bought ones again.
48 Squares or Bars
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter, (no subs)
1/2 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup softened butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line an 11” x 17" (Jelly Roll Pan) baking pan with parchment, or spray liberally with non-stick spray.
- Cream the sugar, butter, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a fine strainer set over the butter mixture; shake the mixture over and mix well.
- Press evenly onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the top is just beginning to brown; remove from the oven and cool thoroughly.
- Frosting: Whip the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until very light and smooth.
- Spread over the cooled cookies, cover with sprinkles, and cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 127 Calories from Fat 51
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 40% Protein 4% Carb. 56%
Nutrient Amount per % Daily
Total Fat 6 g 9%
Saturated Fat 3 g 16%
Cholesterol 23 mg 8%
Sodium 100 mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 18 g 6%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%