2017 World Tea Expo Winners
There are many categories to win from and the World Tea Community takes utmost care evaluating and studying each entrant.
Seventeen awards were given this year on tea itself, the owners of top notch tea shops, or new and innovative products and ideas for example.
There are tea publications judged and great web sites that promote tea, as well as industry individuals or companies that have enjoyed milestone business or trade and have all enhanced or added greatly to the tea industry. There is also and importantly, actual science and research of tea and the education of that information to the world. This too, will be recognized.
The World Tea Expo is a leading industry trade show that is all about the advancement of the entire tea industry. It is a blend of focus on the new and innovative ideas in tea as well as the old ideas made fresh, the education and trade of tea as well as the future of tea.
Beside just the list of winners there are demonstrations, exhibits and tea cupping (tea tasting). While the trade show is for the industry distributors, retailers, suppliers, and the press its impact will be felt strongly as the consumer will reap the rewards as better/new products hit the supermarkets/stores, or menus or web sites.
Finally, one way an interested tea enthusiast can become involved in this ever changing industry is to take the tea certification classes that are available to consumers to become a certified Tea Expert. These are offered at the World Tea Academy online.
Here is a quick list of the winners this year, see if you recognize the brand you may use or the tea shop you may go to:
1. The John Harney Lifetime Achievement Award goes to, Rona Tinson from ITO EN tea company
2. A milestone award to Sri Lanka Tea Board for their 150 Th anniversary of Ceylon Tea
3. Best tea health advocate went to Maria Uspenski from The Tea Spot
4. Best consumer Promo/Marketing Campaign went to #DrinkTeaCampaign that was created by Gail Gastelu for the Council of Tea of the USA
5. Best electric tea brewing device went to Teforia
6. Best non-electric tea brewing device went to Bonavita Glass Tea Pot
7. Best retail shop, café or bar went to Chado Tea House
8. Best tea accessory went to Zojirushi Thermos (stainless steel travel thermos 12-20 oz)
9. Best tea publication goes to Linda Gaylard for The Tea Book
10. Best social media goes to Publisher Dan Bolton for “campaign for crowdfund tea journey magazine”
11. Best e-commerce tea accoutrements website went to Harney & Sons
12. Best specialty brand went to Adagio
13. Best tea blog went to Camellia Sinensis Tea Tasters Blog
14. Best tea educator went to James Norwood Pratt
15. Best tea industry innovation went to the ITO EN research & development branch of ITO EN Tea Company.
Congratulations to all the winners
*For more information you can reach The World Tea Expo by going to their web-site at www.worldteaexpo(dot)com
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Mary Caliendo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Mary Caliendo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Mary Caliendo for details.