Zucchini Orange Syrup Cake Recipe
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup plain Greek non-fat yogurt
3 cups finely grated zucchini
zest of 1 orange
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 cups self-rising flour
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon mixed spice, or baking spice
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup orange juice
1 cinnamon stick
1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13" pan with non-stick spray, line it with parchment, and spray the parchment.
- Mix the vegetable oil, eggs, and yogurt in a large mixing bowl.
- With the mixer running on low speed, add the zucchini, orange zest, and brown sugar.
- Measure the flours, soda, and mixed spice into a fine strainer set over the oil mixture; shake through, then mix well.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake about 60 minutes, or until the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, place the honey, orange juice, cinnamon, and water in a small saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Uncover, stir well, and boil for 5 minutes; remove from the heat and set aside.
- When the cake is finished baking, remove it from the oven.
- Pour the syrup evenly over the cake slowly so that the cake soaks up the syrup.
- Let cool for at least 20 minutes before serving. Can be served warm or at room temperature. Add ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, if desired.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 214 Calories from Fat 69
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 32% Protein 9% Carb. 59%
Nutrient Amount per Person
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 27 mg
Sodium 34 mg
Total Carbohydrate 32 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 12% Calcium 0% Iron 5%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.