Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
QUIZ: Are You A Hypochondriac?
Fall signals the beginning of the cold and flu season, but if every cough, sneeze, pain, or headache sends you running to your doctor's office, you might suffer with an Illness anxiety disorder.
It' s normal to care about your health, but the hypochondriac goes overboard with unusual concern. Clearly, hypochondriacs do not realize that exhibiting such over the top behavior ruins personal relationships, interferes with their job performance, and might lead to financial concerns. After all, who wants to spend time with a person that is constantly worried about their health, missing days at work, continually calling their doctor. Answer yes or no to the following to determine if you have an illness anxiety disorder.
1. You constantly worry about catching germs.
2. You wear A mask to work to avoid germs.
3. Fear of germs keeps you from shaking hands with people.
4. You've Googled every disease known to man.
5. Your doctor says You Are Fine, but you know the doc's lying.
6. Minor aliments alarm you.
7. If someone coughs in your direction, you feel ill.
8. Your medicine cabinet is stocked with every over the counter drug available.
9. A medical encyclopedia sits on your desk for quick reference.
10. You visit several doctors for second, third, fourth, or fifth opinions.
11. Social settings are avoided because you fear catching germs.
12. Hand Sanitizers are your constant companion.
Here is the deal. If you answered yes to the majority of the questions you might have an Illness anxiety disorder. Certainly, this severe anxiety about your health is stressful. Stress is the real health concern here.
Accordingly, consult your doctor for more information about ways to reduce stress over your health.
Wait a minute. Maybe I can do anything. --Janis Joplin ...
Try Amazon Music Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by BB Lee. All rights reserved.
This content was written by BB Lee. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BB Lee for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.