Chocolate Banana Snacking Cake Recipe
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3 ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla
18 tablespoons flour, (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably Dutch
Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9" x 13" glass baking dish liberally with non-stick spray.
- Measure the chocolate chips into a glass microwave-safe container; microwave 1 minute and let sit for a minute or two. Stir until melted.
- Meanwhile, cream the butter and sugar until light; add the bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Measure the flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder into a fine strainer set over the banana mixture; shake the mixture through.
- Mix on medium speed until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish; bake 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm or room temperature.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 285 Calories from Fat 149
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 52% Protein 4% Carb. 44%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 17 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 71 mg
Sodium 229 mg
Total Carbohydrate 31 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 3% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.