- " A broken hand works, but not a broken heart."
- "A drowning man is not troubled by rain."
- "A stone thrown at the right time is better than gold given at the wrong time."
- "An egg thief becomes a camel thief."
- "Death is a camel that lies down at every door."
- "He who has been bitten by a snake fears a piece of string."
- "He who wants a rose must respect the thorn."
- "In the ants' house the dew is a flood."
- "Injustice all round is justice!"
- "Stretch your foot to the length of your blanket."
- "The larger a man's roof the more snow it collects."
- "The wise man sits on the hole in his carpet. "
- "An hour of play discovers more than a year of conversation."
- "Better a red face than a black heart."
- "Don't tie a knot in your tongue that you cannot untie with your teeth."
- "He that would speak the truth must have one foot in the stirrup."
- "He who serves two masters has to lie to one."
- "If you have enemies, then misfortune passed you by."
- "Money lent, is an enemy made."
- "Never cut what can be untied."
- "Peace with a cudgel in hand is war."
- "Prosperity lets the bridle go."
- "The fish dies by its mouth."
- "There's no catching trouts with dry breeches. "
- "Visits always give a pleasure; if not the arriving, so the departing. "
- "What is bought is cheaper than a gift. "
- "Where the iron goes, there goes also rust. "
- "Where there is no might right loses itself. "
You Should Also Read:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nicole Cardillo for details.