According to Amazon, Instant Pots were one of the top 10 bestselling items for Christmas 2017. So, if youíre a busy cook, chances are good you were a recipient of one of these wonder pots. If not, you may want to pick one up; they save lots of time, and do the work of multiple appliances extremely well, while only taking up a small amount of room on your countertop. One of the best things Iíve made so far is the following Cherry Chocolate Pudding Cake, which is made from convenience foods and goes together very quickly. It can be served either warm or at room temperature and while itís easy enough for a weeknight dessert, itís also suitable for guests.
This rich, decadent dessert is perfect for Valentineís day, and wonít keep you in the kitchen. Youíll want to make it year round, however, because itís so good and easy. Incidentally, if you donít have an Instant Pot, this dessert can be made easily in a slow cooker. It will need to cook on low for four or five hours, but will be equally as good.
1 18.25 ounce devil's food cake mix
1 3 oz. package instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups sour cream
1 cup water
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 20 oz. can cherry pie filling
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Whipped cream, or ice cream
- Spray a 3-quart round casserole dish that fits into the Instant pot with non-stick spray.
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the pot.
- Pour 2 cups water over the trivet.
- Make a sling out of aluminum foil to make it easier to pull out the casserole dish and place it on the trivet with the strip coming up on both sides.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix and pudding mix; beat in the sour cream, eggs, water, and vegetable oil.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Scoop the cherry pie filling onto the batter and swirl with a knife (donít mix it all the way in); sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- Cover, set the valve to Sealing, set the pot to Manual for 35 minutes. When the cycle has finished, release the pressure.
- Use the sling to remove the casserole dish from the pot and serve with high quality ice cream or whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 454 Calories from Fat 232
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 51% Protein 3% Carb. 46%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 26 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 67 mg
Sodium 260 mg
Total Carbohydrate 53 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 14 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%