Everybody seems to love the taste of white chocolate with salty pretzels. Dipping individual pretzels in white chocolate can be a time-consuming task. It’s much easier to break up the pretzels, stir into white chocolate, and drop in mounds onto a baking sheet. Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to make the following “Love”ly Valentine Drops. These are very easy and contain salted pretzels, salted almonds, and M&Ms for a festive treat.
If you like, you can tint the white chocolate with red oil-based food coloring. If it isn’t available, your confections will still look beautiful white. There is no cooking involved, and almond bark, which is available in the baking section of most grocery stores is a little more forgiving as it is less likely to seize up like real white chocolate. If you are busy, you can place your chunk of almond bark in a slow cooker on the warm setting for an hour or two while you do other things. Otherwise, the microwave works well.
24 ounces almond bark vanilla coating
1/2 teaspoon red oil-based food coloring, (optional)
4 cups broken mini pretzels
2 cups roasted salted almonds
2 cups red, white, and pink M & M's Candies
- Melt the almond bark either in the microwave (according to manufacturer's directions), or place it in a slow cooker, cover, and set the slow cooker to warm. Check it every 30 minutes if it's convenient and stir until melted. >
- Add enough food coloring to make the mixture red or pink, as you like. Make sure you don't use regular food coloring since liquid other than oil will make the white chocolate seize up.
- Add the pretzels and almonds to the white chocolate and stir until well-coated; stir in 1 cup of the M & Ms.
- Working fast, so the M & Ms don't melt, scoop small mounds of the mixture onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Immediately sprinkle with the remaining M & Ms.
- Let the mounds set before removing them from the baking sheets.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 104 Calories from Fat 50
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 4% Carb. 48%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 89 mg
Total Carbohydrate 13 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%