Chocolate Banana Muffins Recipe
Although these muffins aren’t quite as sweet as chocolate cake, they are also delicious frosted with either chocolate or your favorite vanilla frosting. They are best served warm, however, dripping with real butter.
24 standard muffins or 12 large muffins
1/3 cup softened butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 very ripe medium bananas
1 3/4 cups flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line 24 standard muffin cups (or 12 larger) with liners, or spray with non-stick spray.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy; add the vanilla and beat it in. Add the bananas and eggs and beat well.
- Measure the remaining ingredients into a fine strainer set over the mixing bowl.
- Shake through, then mix just until moistened. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup portions into the prepared muffin pans; the muffin cups will be about 2/3 full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until the centers are set.
- Remove from the oven let sit about 5 minutes, then tilt in the muffin pan so the bottoms don’t get soggy. Serve warm with real butter.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 178 Calories from Fat 65
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 37% Protein 4% Carb. 59%
Nutrient Amount per Muffin
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 25 mg
Sodium 138 mg
Total Carbohydrate 26 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.