Graham Cracker Bars Recipe
These easy bars are especially good slightly warm since the chocolate is gooey. They are, however, very good at room temperature, and if kept in an airtight container, stay chewy and soft for several days. Graham cracker crumbs are used instead of flour and leavenings, which save lots of time. If you’re wanting something a bit special, you can cut the bars into larger squares and top them with ice cream and chocolate sauce. Yum!
2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13" shallow baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, evaporated milk, sugar, and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans and spread in the prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until the bars pull from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the oven and set on a rack to cool.
- Cut into 32 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 126 Calories from Fat 50
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 40% Protein 4% Carb. 56%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 2 mg
Sodium 53 mg
Total Carbohydrate 18 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.