Rhubarb Cheese Bars Recipe
Make sure the rhubarb is very finely chopped so it cooks thoroughly. The bars are best baked the day of serving to keep the crust crisp, but they keep quite well as long as they are refrigerated.
48 Small Squares
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups rhubarb, very finely chopped
1 cup shredded coconut
1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9” x 13” glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Crust: Mix the flour and sugar; cut in the butter until it resembles cornmeal.
- Press into a parchment lined 9 x 13" pan.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until lightly browned; remove from the oven.
- Filling: While the crust is baking, mix filling ingredients except rhubarb until smooth; stir in rhubarb and pour over baked crust.
- Mix the topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly over the filling.
- Return to the oven and bake 25 - 35 minutes or until filling is set and coconut is golden brown.
- Cool completely and cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator; they are much better if served cold.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 71 Calories from Fat 42
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 59% Protein 5% Carb. 36%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 16 mg
Sodium 43 mg
Total Carbohydrate 7 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.