Chocolate Mint Cookie Cheesecake Recipe
Chocolate Mint Cookie Cheesecake is a delicious and decadent cheesecake, worthy of company, or a pot luck gathering, where you’ll enjoy oohs and aahs as well as requests for the recipe. Cheesecake is an easy dessert to make, and it freezes well if you want to make it ahead. Wedges of this cheesecake are very attractive topped with whipped cream and more crushed cookies. I hope you’ll give it a try.
1 10 oz. package mint and fudge cookies, such as Keebler Grasshopper or Girl Scouts Thin Mint
2 tablespoons melted butter
3 8 oz. packages cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup flour
1 cup sour cream
1 10 oz. package mint and fudge cookies, such as Keebler Grasshopper or Girl Scouts Thin Mint, coarsely crushed
Sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9" springform pan with non-stick spray, line it with parchment, and spray the parchment.
- Crust: Place the cookies in a food processor and process until the cookies are turned to fine crumbs; toss with the melted butter and press in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake 9 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Filling: In food processor, blend the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, flour, and sour cream until smooth.
- Place the cookies in a zip-type bag and coarsely crush.
- Measure out 1/2 cup cookie pieces and set aside for garnish.
- Fold the remaining cookie pieces into the batter.
- Pour the batter over the baked crust.
- Bake 45 - 55 minutes or until the center is set.
- Chill well before removing from pan and cutting (it helps to wet the knife) into 16 wedges.
- To serve, pipe whipped cream on top of each wedge and sprinkle with cookie crumbs.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 261
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 60% Protein 6% Carb. 34%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 29 g
Saturated Fat 18 g
Cholesterol 96 mg
Sodium 250 mg
Total Carbohydrate 37 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 24 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.