Oatmeal Cookie Ice Box Cake Recipe
This is a great recipe to make when you have cookies that are getting stale; the whipped cream softens them and makes for a yummy pudding-like dessert. Perfect for busy cooks, this dessert can be made up to three days ahead.
3 cups heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup powdered sugar
24 Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fresh mint, for garnish
- Line a 7" or 8" springform pan with plastic wrap.
- Measure the whipping cream and powdered sugar into a large mixer bowl; whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spread about 1/4 of the mixture over the bottom of the springform pan.
- Break the cookies into large chunks. Sprinkle 1/3 of the crumbs over the whipped cream in the pan.
- Add another layer of whipped cream, then more cookies, more whipped cream, and the remaining cookies. Spread the remaining whipped cream over the cookies.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 24 hours to allow the cookies to soften.
- Place the icebox cake on a serving platter. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 442 Calories from Fat 288
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 65% Protein 3% Carb. 32%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 32 g
Saturated Fat 18 g
Cholesterol 110 mg
Sodium 242 mg
Total Carbohydrate 35 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.