Drizzled Cranberry Orange Shortbread Recipe
Drizzled Cranberry Orange Shortbread makes a colorful addition to a holiday dessert buffet. The cookies also look nice on a holiday cookie tray and can be packaged in holiday bags for giving.
About 96 Cookies
2 cups softened butter
1 cup sugar
2 cups finely chopped cranberries
Zest from 1 orange
4 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons melted butter
Juice of 1 orange
- Cream the butter and sugar until light; stir in the cranberries and orange zest.
- Add the flour and salt and mix well.
- Divide the dough into four pieces; roll each piece into a log 1 1/2 inches in diameter and about 9" long.
- Wrap tightly and refrigerate until firm. The logs may also be frozen for up to two months.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Slice the logs 1/4" thick and place on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until set, 20-25 minutes.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Glaze: Shake the powdered sugar through a fine sieve into a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter and enough orange juice to make a glazing consistency (if there isn’t enough juice, add a little milk); beat until smooth and drizzle over the cookies.
Amount Per Cookie
Calories 76 Calories from Fat 38
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 50% Protein 3% Carb. 47%
Nutrient Amount per Cookie
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 11 mg
Sodium 49 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.