Chewy S'Mores Bars Recipe
Since everyone loves S’Mores, I adapted a blondie recipe for these bars, and they have already become a favorite in our family. They are chewy and very chocolately. They have plenty of crunch and can be decorated with sprinkles for holidays. They are also quick and easy to put together. If you don’t happen to have any stale marshmallows, you can use fresh ones, but they will melt during baking; you will have the marshmallow flavor, but not the chewiness. Now’s the time to set some marshmallows aside to firm them up.
48 1” Squares
2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups stale mini marshmallows, (fresh ones can be used, but they melt into the blondies)
2 cups Golden Grahams cereal
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place 1 cup chocolate chips and butter in a microwaveable container; microwave 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on high power.
- Remove from the oven and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- In a mixing bowl mix the eggs, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
- Pour the chocolate/butter mixture into the flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined.
- Stir in the marshmallows and remaining 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. but still a bit soft in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Spread the topping over the bars.
- Topping: Mix the whipping cream and chocolate chips in a microwaveable container; microwave 2 minutes. Let sit 2 minutes and stir until thick and smooth.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 140 Calories from Fat 70
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 50% Protein 1% Carb. 49%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 17 mg
Sodium 79 mg
Total Carbohydrate 17 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.