Rhubarb Lemon Cookies Recipe
About 8 Dozen
3 to 4 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/4" dice
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
Zest of 2-3 lemons
1 3/4 cups butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups self-rising flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the rhubarb, 1 tablespoon sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a small bowl; let sit while mixing the dough.
- Dough: Cream the butter and brown and granulated sugars until very light; beat in the eggs.
- Measure the flour and cornstarch into a fine strainer and shake over the butter mixture.
- With the mixer on low speed, combine the ingredients.
- Stir in the rhubarb mixture.
- Using a tablespoon-size scoop, scoop balls of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until just barely starting to brown around the edges and on the bottoms.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to racks to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 52 Calories from Fat 31
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 60% Protein 4% Carb. 36%
Nutrient Amount per Cookie
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 13 mg
Sodium 36 mg
Total Carbohydrate 5 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.