Patriotic Brownies Recipe
These easy brownies start with Mom's Brownie Mix and have an easy cream cheese topping. Make sure you have plenty of gel paste food coloring on hand - the liquid kind makes the filling too runny. Gel paste food coloring is readily available at specialty stores, craft stores and even at some stores like Walmart on the cake decorating aisle. These moist, yummy brownies keep several days and are great for a backyard barbecue, or they transport easily to a picnic or pot luck gathering.
5 cups Mom's Brownie Mix
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
Red Paste Food Coloring
Blue paste food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 11" x 17" jelly roll pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix the brownie mix, eggs, and vanilla; spread evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- For the topping, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and eggs until smooth.
- Place 1/3 of the mixture into a small bowl, and half of the remaining mixture into another small bowl.
- Squeeze red food coloring in one and blue food coloring in the other; stir well adding more if necessary, to make bright colors.
- Drop spoonfuls of the white, red, and blue mixtures over the brownie batter; swirl slightly with a knife, being careful not to get any of the chocolate into the topping.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until just set.
- Cool before cutting into squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 135 Calories from Fat 66
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 49% Protein 6% Carb. 45%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 37 mg
Sodium 99 mg
Total Carbohydrate 15 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.