Mini Chocolate Donut Turtle Cheesecake Recipe
You can make this luscious cheesecake ahead and refrigerate it, well-wrapped, up to a week, or freeze for several months. Garnish just before serving.
1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
4 tablespoons melted butter
2 8 oz. packages softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 3 oz. packages mini chocolate donuts, chopped into small chunks
2/3 cup caramel bits, or chopped caramel
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup caramel bits, melted
2 tablespoons chopped pecans
1 3 oz. package mini chocolate donuts
Sweetened whipped cream
- Spray an 8" springform pan with non-stick spray, line with parchment, and spray the parchment.
- Crust: Mix the chocolate cookie crumbs with the melted butter and press on the bottom of the springform pan.
- Filling: Place the filling ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth; stir in the add-ins.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan and smooth the top.
- Pour the water in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place a rack or trivet on the bottom of the pot. If it has handles, place the springform pan on the rack; otherwise, make a sling from aluminum foil, place the sling over the rack, and place the cheesecake on the sling. Fold the sling over the springform pan, being careful that it doesn't touch the batter.
- Cover the pot, set the valve to sealing, and set the pot to manual for 25 minutes.
- When the cycle has finished, let the pressure release naturally, about 25 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pot; refrigerate.
- Remove from the pan to a serving platter, sprinkle the reserved donuts over the top, drizzle caramel over the donuts, and sprinkle with pecans. Cut into wedges with whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 264
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 63% Protein 6% Carb. 31%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 29 g
Saturated Fat 15 g
Cholesterol 101 mg
Sodium 232 mg
Total Carbohydrate 32 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 12 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 7%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.